You may have noticed I'm really into muffins these days. They're so simple, and so yummy, and such a nice treat in the morning.
These muffins are really special.
They have nutella inside!!!
Yield: ~1-2 dozen muffins (depends on the size)
Adapted from US Masala
Flour- 1 3/4 c
Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Ground cinnamon- 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 3/4 c
Vegetable oil- 1/3 c
Milk- 3/4 c
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Nutella- 1 jar, just to be on the safe side (aka so you can eat the rest with a spoon)
For the coating:
Unsalted butter- 3-4 tbsp
Caster sugar- 1/2 c (granulated worked ok, but caster would be better)
Ground cinnamon- 2 tsp
1. In a medium bowl, stir flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
2. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, oil, egg, vanilla and milk.
3. Add dry ingredients to the large bowl, and stir only to combine, don't overmix!
4. Line a muffin tray with paper liners. Scoop ~1 tbsp (1 1/2 tbsp max) of batter into each liner, then scoop 1/2 tsp Nutella on top. Add another 1 tbsp of the batter on top of the Nutella. Make sure each liner isn't more than 3/4 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for ~15 minutes. The time varies greatly depending on the oven, so make sure you check them often. Insert the tester into the side of the muffin so you don't hit Nutella. The muffins are done when the tester comes out clean.
6. While muffins are baking, melt butter. Stir sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl. When muffins are done, dip each muffin into the butter, then the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.