WOW. just... wow.
I am alive! I truly have no idea where the last 2 months went. But I'm back now! And I have yet another brownie recipe :) I should rename this blog "100 versions of my favorite brownies."
I added chocolate essence and dark chocolate chips. And chocolate ice cream with whipped cream, a cherry and chocolate sauce. Hello.
Extra Chocolate Brownie Sundaes
Unsalted butter- 10 tbsp (1 stick + 2 tbsp)
Sugar- 1 1/4 c
Cocoa powder- 3/4 c + 2 tbsp
Chocolate essence- 1/2 tsp
Scrapings of one vanilla bean
Large eggs- 2, cold
Flour- 1/2 c
Dark chocolate chips- a handful
1. In a large heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, melt butter. Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt, and stir to combine.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chocolate essence and vanilla bean scrapings, then add eggs one at a time. Stir until smooth.
4. Add flour and stir (40 strokes), then add the chocolate chips.
5. Prepare an 8x8" square baking pan by lining it with aluminum foil, enough that it overhangs on two sides. Spray a very light coat of cooking spray on the aluminum. Pour batter into the pan and bake at 350 degrees F for ~20 minutes. The tester should come out moist but not covered in batter. If not done after 20 minutes, pop back in the oven for 3 minute intervals (you don't want them to be overdone!).
6. Allow to cool on a rack for ~10 minutes, then stick in the fridge for at least 1 hour, up to overnight.
7. Once the brownies are 100% cool (I prefer them cold), cut and serve, preferably with ice cream sundae fixins :)
I PROMISE my next post will come soon! There will be no more 2 month gaps! I felt lost without you... Enjoy these bad boys!!
PS I got my chocolate essence at La Cuisine in Alexandria, VA, and you can get it from their online shop (which is seriously amazing, and you should definitely check it out if you aren't in the DC area).