Happy Father's Day!
If you need a quick breakfast treat to whip up for your Dad, these duffins are perfect! You probably already have most, if not all, of the ingredients in your pantry.
I'm sad to not be with my dad on Father's Day, but he knows I'll make these for him as soon as I get home :)
Adapted from My Baking Addiction
Yield: ~18 muffins (depends on size of baking pans)
Unsalted butter- 1/4 c, room temperature
Vegetable oil- 1/4 c
Sugar- 1/2 c
Brown sugar- 1/3 c
Eggs- 2, large
Baking powder- 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Ground nutmeg- 1 tsp
Cinnamon- 1 1/2 tsp
Salt- 3/4 tsp
Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
All-purpose flour- 2 2/3 c
Milk- 1 c
1. In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter, vegetable oil, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
2. Add eggs and beat to combine.
3. STIR in baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract.
4. Alternate adding flour and milk, stirring to thoroughly combine.
5. Spoon batter into lined muffin pans, and bake at 190 degrees CELSIUS (sorry, that's all we have here in the UK) for 10-12 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
Butter- 3 tbsp, melted
Powdered sugar- 1 1/4 c, sifted (do not skip the sifting!)
Vanilla extract- 1 1/2 tsp
Hot water- 2 tbsp
Whisk together ingredients until smooth. Once muffins are slightly cooled, dip the tops into the glaze and allow it to harden- feel free to double dip! Serve warm.