These cupcakes are from the little birthday celebration I had with my college friends :) I figured the recipe was a great choice for a 21st birthday :)
|These pics are pre-Fancy Schmancy Camera!|
Courtesy of The Novice Chef
Yield: 2 dozen cupcakes
(This party was pre-21st birthday, so I had to make do with what I had. This is the recipe Jessica uses)
Jigger cranberry flavored/infused vodka- 1.5 fluid oz
Cointreau- 1/2 fluid oz
Fresh lime juice- 1 tsp
Cranberry juice- 1 1/2 fluid oz
Twist of lime zest for garnish
*Pour all ingredients into a shaker with lots of ice, shake vigorously for several seconds then pour into a cocktail glass.
Butter- 1/2 c, room temp
Sugar- 2 1/4 c
Eggs- 2, room temp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Baking powder- 2 1/2 tsp
Flour- 3 c
Buttermilk- 1/4 c, room temp
Cosmopolitan- 1 1/4 c
Zest of 1 lime
Pink food coloring (optional)
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Add lime zest and beat for ~10 seconds.
2. Combine salt, baking powder and flour in a separate bowl.
3. Alternate dry ingredients and the Cosmopolitan, beating on low until mixture is combined. Add buttermilk and beat to combine. *Add pink food coloring.
4. Line cupcake pans and fill cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes, or until cupcakes spring back in the middle when touched lightly.
Heat 1/2 c Cosmopolitan in a sauce pan over medium heat until thickened and slightly reduced. Allow to cool slightly, then brush glaze on the tops of the cupcakes while they are still warm.
Butter- 1 1/2 c (3 sticks), room temp
Powdered sugar- 4 c
Meringue powder- 1 tbsp (optional)
Cosmopolitan- 3-4 tbsp
Pinch of salt
Pink food coloring
1. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Scrape down sides of the bowl, then add powdered sugar one cup at a time.
2. Add meringue powder and salt, and beat for ~10 seconds.
3. Add the Cosmopolitan one tablespoon at a time, then add the pink food coloring.