You should be made aware that I am having a passionate love affair. With donuts.
My love for you has not cooled, but you might need to step up your game because these donuts are ridiculous.
Ever since I got a donut cutter for cheap at the Variety Store near my house, I've been searching for donut recipes that don't require a donut pan- I'll eventually invest in one, since baked donuts are healthier, but for now, why not have a little fun?Homemade Donuts
Courtesy of Stolen Moments Cooking
Flour- 2 c, plus more for rolling pin
Sugar- 1/2 c
Salt- 1 tsp
Baking powder- 1 tbsp
Cinnamon- 1/4 tsp
Unsalted butter- 2 tbsp, softened
Milk- 1/2 c
1 Egg, beaten
Canola oil, for frying
1. Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
2. Add butter and beat until combined, then add milk and egg until combined.
3. Heat 1-2 inches oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. While it's heating, roll the dough out on a floured surface, ~1/2-1 inch thick. Cut out donuts and save the donut holes, you'll want to fry them too!
5. Fry donuts ~3 minutes per side, until golden brown. Be careful not to overcrowd the skillet or burn the donuts. The holes will take about 2 minutes to fry. Place donuts on paper towels to drain. While still warm, top donuts:
Plain glaze: 1 c powdered sugar, 1/4 c milk. Dip donuts into glaze.
Vanilla frosting: 1 c powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1-2 tbsp milk. Spoon over donuts.
Chocolate frosting: 1 c powdered sugar, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1-2 tbsp milk. Spoon over donuts.
OR powdered or plain sugar; cinnamon-sugar