Dark Chocolate Frosting, courtesy of Sprinkles Cupcakes
Butter (unsalted)- 1 1/2 sticks
Salt- a "pinch"
Confectioners sugar- 2 1/2 cups
Vanilla- 1/4 tsp
Bittersweet chocolate- 3 oz, melted & cooled to room temp
1) Beat butter and salt on medium speed in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
2) Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the confectioners sugar; beat until incorporated.
3) Add vanilla and beat until creamy & smooth.
4) Stop mixer and scrape down sides of the bowl.
5) Add chocolate and beat (medium speed) until incorporated.
6) If frosting does not have a spreadable consistency, add milk, 1 tsp at a time.
DO NOT OVERBEAT! Overbeating will allow too much air into the frosting, and it should be dense & creamy.